Romeo Weems' quadruple-double highlights top performances from week
Here are the top high school basketball performances in Michigan from Feb. 20-22:
- Romeo Weems, New Haven: Accumulated 34 points, 12 rebounds, 10 blocks, 10 steals and five assists in New Haven’s defeat of Detroit Edison.
- Ronald Jeffery III, New Haven: Finished with 29 points and six rebounds in New Haven’s 74-58 victory vs. Detroit Edison Wednesday night.
- Tyson Acuff, Detroit Cass Tech: Finished with a team-high 21 points in Cass Tech’s 79-59 defeat at the hands of Detroit U-D Jesuit (18-2).
- Caleb Albrecht, Lapeer: Racked up 26 points in Lapeer’s 56-55 overtime loss to Saginaw Heritage Thursday night.
- Xavier Bargesser, Grass Lake: Produced 31 points in Grass Lake’s 74-69 victory vs. Chelsea Tuesday night.
- Caleb Bates, St. Clair Shores Lakeshore: Recorded a double-double -- 30 points and 19 rebounds -- in Lakeshore’s 63-59 triumph over Detroit Old Redford.
- Jalal Baydoun, Dearborn Edsel Ford: Posted 26 points, becoming the all-time leading scorer in Dearborn Public School history with 1,545 points, in Edsel Ford’s 77-47 victory vs. Melvindale Wednesday night.
- Elijah Belle, Detroit Voyageur: Posted 24 points in Voyageur’s 70-35 defeat of Gibraltar Carlson.
- Pierre Brooks II, Detroit Douglass: Scored 30 points, and grabbed 10 rebounds in Douglass’ 79-78 triumph over Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook-Kingswood Wednesday night.
- Benjamin Brown, Chesterfield Austin Catholic: Poured in 19 points in Austin Catholic’s 52-49 loss to Inkster American International.
- Jimiere Cannon, Warren Michigan Collegiate: Logged a triple-double -- 17 points, 18 rebounds and 11 assists -- in Michigan Collegiate’s 79-67 defeat of Pontiac Arts and Technology.
- DaVeaun Cole, Pontiac: Finished with 19 points and seven rebounds in Pontiac’s 64-47 defeat of Birmingham Seaholm.
- Julian Dozier, Detroit U-D Jesuit: Finished with a game-high 23 points in U-D Jesuit’s win over Detroit Cass Tech.
- Hakeem Fitahey, Dearborn Edsel Ford: Finished with 25 points in Edsel Ford’s win over Melvindale.
- Alex Kreft, Chesterfield Austin Catholic: Posted 23 points in Austin Catholic’s 75-42 loss to Memphis Wednesday night.
- AJ Massucci, Royal Oak Shrine: Scored 26 points in Shrine’s 77-43 defeat of Center Line Thursday night.
- Glenn Miller, Pentwater: Scored 25 points in Pentwater’s 70-42 victory against Mesick.
- Steven Morrissey, Northville: Scored a team-high 21 points in Northville’s 65-57 defeat of Westland John Glenn Thursday night.
- Matt Nicholson, Clarkston: Finished with a double-double -- 19 points and 12 rebounds -- in Clarkston’s 48-35 win vs. Bloomfield Hills Thursday night.
- Brody Parker, Troy: Finished with a game-high 21 points in Troy’s 65-55 loss to North Farmington (12-7, 6-6 OAA Red) Thursday night.
- Mike Sherman, Warren De La Salle: Posted 20 points in De La Salle’s 73-61 victory against Detroit Old Redford Wednesday night.
- Dawson Stier, Memphis: Recorded 21 points in Memphis’ win against Chesterfield Austin Catholic.
- Brian Taylor, Detroit Edison: Posted 20 points in Edison’s loss to New Haven.
- Evan Thomas, Okemos: Finished with a double-double -- 22 points and 10 rebounds -- in the 56-41 victory for Okemos (18-2) over DeWitt (16-3).
- Renel Thrasher, Westland John Glenn: Recorded a game-high 23 points in John Glenn’s loss to Northville.
- Mark Tocco, Macomb Dakota: Racked up 40 points, eight rebounds and five steals in Dakota’s 75-64 win over St. Clair Shores Lakeshore Thursday night.
- Nate Vesper, Clawson: Led the Trojans with 19 points in their 72-61 loss to Ferndale University Thursday night.
- Richard Washington, Clinton Twp. Clintondale: Recorded 34 points and eight rebounds in Clintondale’s 66-56 win over Warren Michigan Collegiate Wednesday night.
- Austin Brown, Madison Heights Madison: Finished with 17 points in Madison’s 71-50 victory over Marine City.
- Ben Dierker, Canton Salem: Posted a double-double -- 14 points and 14 rebounds -- in Salem’s 62-48 win over Livonia Churchill Thursday night.
- Jon Gardner, Birmingham Roeper: Posted 16 points in Roeper’s 49-48 triumph of Auburn Hills Christian.
- Mak Manciel, Birmingham Detroit Country Day: Finished with 16 points in Country Day’s 65-56 defeat of Detroit CMA.
- Zavion McClendon, Detroit Douglass: Recorded a double-double -- 17 points and 14 rebounds -- in Douglass’ victory vs. Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook-Kingswood.
- Jason Norton, River Rouge: Scored 17 points in River Rouge’s 75-48 win against Romulus.
- Ken Thomas, Harper Woods: Finished with 17 points in the 55-53 loss for Harper Woods (17-3) to Warren De La Salle (11-9).