New Haven and Richmond.
Throughout the high school boys basketball season, each team has displayed the type of potential that could lead to a prolonged postseason run.
Entering the month of February, each team is playing well and continues to lead the Times Herald Boys Basketball Poll.
1.New Haven continues to dominate night in and night out with an impressive mix of talent and determination. It is easy to see just how gifted the Rockets are, but they are also a mentally tough team that thrives in difficult environments.
When New Haven is focused on the defensive end, it is one of the toughest teams in the state to play. The Rockets enter the week 13-1, with a road contest at Romeo slated for Tuesday.
2. Richmond has somewhat flown under the radar, but it is 13-1 for a reason. Richmond has size, length and plenty of speed and that has kept the team in first place in the Blue Water Area Conference standings. Richmond will host North Branch on Friday.
3. Marine City is as scrappy as they come and continues to win games behind its defense and shooting ability. The Mariners (10-2) have already won the Macomb Area Conference Bronze Division championship and enter the week on a three-game win streak. Next up is a difficult stretch, including three consecutive road contests.
4. Croswell-Lexington is another team that has impressed with a balanced effort. The Pioneers (11-2) have won five consecutive games after two losses and enter the week a game out of first place in the Blue Water Area Conference.
5. St. Clair rounds out the top five of the poll after recovering from a three-game losing streak with an impressive victory over Warren Woods Tower.
The Saints (9-6) will host St. Clair Shores South Lake on Tuesday.
Boys Basketball Poll
1. New Haven (13-1)
2. Richmond (13-1)
3. Marine City (10-2)
4. Cros-Lex (11-2)
5. St. Clair (9-6)
6. Yale (11-3)
7. Cardinal Mooney (7-7)
8. Port Huron Northern (6-8)
9. Marysville (6-8)
10. Port Huron (1-13)
Contact Joseph Hayes at (810) 989-6268 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @Joseph_Hayes11.